We recently added Elance jobs / project with our existing ones. There is no doubt that Elance is another great source of freelance jobs online. You can now check all latest Elance jobs & projects as soon they are posted in the main source.
Here is a few helpful links for this new job source:
http://joblance.info/elance – Elance jobs and projects
http://joblance.info/sourcerss/elance – RSS Feed for Elance jobs and projects
We are going to add some more job sources soon.
Internet has opened up vast employment opportunities for all. With little or no experience, no technical skills, or any special talent, you can cross all the geographical barriers, and work for a company located in the other corner of the world, sitting at your home.
You need no or little investment, and if you have it in you, there’ll be no shortage of work for you ever.
However, this world is made of all kinds of people, and some will try to take undue, unethical advantage of you, and make even not pay your dues. Well, this does happen, and online jobs have earned a bad name. But let me tell you, just because there are a few dead fish in the pond, you can’t blame all the fishes.
So, lets take a look at what precautions you should take when you work online:
Ø Do a thorough reading of the project/company: Don’t just place a bid, when you see one. Check out the details of the buyer. If it is a regular employment, ask the buyer for his address and phone number. It would be better if you ask for a weekly payment initially, to safe guard your interests.
Ø If it is a short term project, check the reviews of the buyer. Take a look at what others have to say about the buyer. However, don’t take a bad review at face value.
Ø Insist on escrow: Always insist on having an escrow created for your safety. If the project is very large, and the buyer is reluctant to create escrow for the entire amount, which is valid, ask for escrow in fraction, say 25% or 50%, and when you have completed that much work in terms of money, ask for escrow for the balance amount.
Ø Never give your email id to the buyer: In order to evade the job site’s fees, some buyers ask for your email id and try to contact you directly. Never entertain such buyers, because if they can evade the jobsite’s fees, they might not pay you as well.
Ø Know yourself: In order to get work, some job seekers over estimate themselves. They undertake work, even when they know that they are not capable of handling it, or they commit unrealistic time frames. While committing a time frame, always have a day or two as cushion. There may be unforeseen problems, or other delays due to factors beyond your control. So, always keep some buffer time while quoting.
Ø Have positive attitude: Maintain a positive attitude while accepting work. You may have to start on a low salary or payment. But take it as a stepping stone. Never give lame excuses. If you are unable to meet a deadline, or have some problem related to work, come out upfront. The buyers are humans too, and if you maintain a straight forward attitude, they will give you due consideration.
In addition to the above precautions, right frame of mind, integrity, honesty and willingness to work hard are all you need to be successful.
Internet has opened up vast ocean of opportunities for people who want to work from home like moms, retired personnel, and even for people who want to earn some extra income in their free time, for example, students.
One of the most popular online jobs is that of content writer. Content writers are needed for various jobs such as article marketing, press releases, sales copies, for writing auto responder emails, to write product descriptions, reviews, business reports, proposals, etc. Thus, if you have a flair for writing, then you can transform your passion in to money making opportunity.
Well, if you have decided to foray in to creative writing to make money, here are some quick tips for you:
- Finding Writing jobs: There are several freelancing sites which offer job opportunities to writers. Some of these include GetAFreelancer (Freelancer.com), and ScriptLance. These are free sites, and you need to pay a percentage as fees, only when you are allotted a project. Register with these sites, and do create your profile, where in you give details about yourself, your background, create a portfolio, where you can give samples of your previous work done.
Now, it may be time consuming to visit all the sites that you have registered with to find the relevant job. So, instead of going to various sites, simply visit JobLance.inFo, and you can glance at jobs published in various sites at one go.
- There’s no substitute to hard work. You may have to learn new things if you want to succeed. You may also need to spend some time doing research so as to do full justice to task at end. But, believe me, its worth it, because that is the only way to succeed.
- Learn new technologies: There are several projects where the buyer demands that you do the writing as well as submit it to article directories, or that you need to post it in WordPress blog. A few buyers may ask you to use Google Adwords to understand keywords in use. So, try to learn new techniques. This will help you to be in the market. Remember, a little extra effort on your part will turn in to a huge payout at a later date.
- Give quality: Always insist on giving quality to your buyers. If you give quality to the buyers, chances are they will want to hire your services for longer duration, and may even not mind to pay you more.
- Be creative: Be imaginative and use your own experience to add flavor to the article you write. Add your personal touch, your magic to your articles. Do not resort to simply change few words here and there.
- Last but certainly not the least, people of varying caliber and educational background use Internet to find information. So, let your articles be simple and easy to understand. It should have a free flowing style to engage the readers’ attention, and be free from technical mumbo jumbo.
If you can follow the above tips, then success is sure to come your way!
Are you a job seeker and have failed to find the right job? Are you tired of ‘apply, apply, no reply’ status, then it is about time to check out the methods that you are adopting to find the job.
The below mentioned tips will help you in finding jobs that are best suitable for you:
- Your Resume: Your resume is the most important document while searching for a job. You need to mention your email address, when you will be available online, your strengths should be clearly mentioned. It should also mention your educational background, your experience etc.
Instead of simply saying I have done so and so project, try to highlight your contribution in the project. Include examples of previous works if possible.
In the zeal of displaying the best of you, don’t over do. Your recruiters don’t have time to read pages and pages about you. So, keep it short and sweet.
- Job Sites: Register yourself at various job sites. Create your profile at social networking sites such as LinkedIn, CVVisual, etc. One thing that most job seekers overlook is that keep your social profile separate from your business profile. If possible, maintain two separate profiles. Your recruiters are not interested in what you had for lunch, so cut the crap, and give only information pertaining to the job.
- Finding Jobs: Surf the job sites every day, and apply only for those jobs where your skills fit in. There are several websites offering online jobs. But if you want to get all the information at one place, then the ideal place for you is to go JobLance.inFo. Here, you will find all the jobs from different job sources, all put in one place. You can now find the job that best suits you.
- Read Carefully: Each recruiter has different demands from the applicant. So, read carefully the requirements of each job. If the recruiter wants a specific skill set that you have, then, try to highlight the same in your resume, before applying. So, instead of having a standard, “one size, fits all” resume, try to modify the resume slightly, as per the needs of the recruiter. Now, here, it is not suggested that you include fake things in your resume. That’s a strict no-no. What is suggested here is, take for example, if you have experience in PHP, HTML, Dreamweaver and Photoshop, and the job needs people proficient in Dreamweaver, then, you need to modify your CV and bring your Dreamweaver experience at the top, also, you may include samples of previous work done in Dreamweaver.
- Using Keywords: The recruiters generally shortlist CVs based on certain keywords. You need to understand what keywords are used particularly in your field, and try to incorporate them in your CV.
- Be Prompt: Most of the recruiters select a candidate in a day or two after advertising the job. So be prompt in applying for the job.
- Payout: Do not expect a high payout initially. Online job market is quite competitive, and is flooded with great talent. So, if you want to be in the market, ask for a reasonable rate, and you will see, it will help in getting jobs quickly.
Stay in touch. We will get back with more tips and suggestions.
The JobLance Team
The year 2010 brought about significant changes in the online jobs. As the world was just trying to stand up on its feet once again, after the economy headed south in 2009, online job industry brought new hopes in to the lives of many.
If you are at the beginning of your career, or are trying to find an alternative job, then the best place to do so is at JobLance. The reason is, it is one place where you can find online jobs advertised across the world. But, before you engage in job hunting, you need to know the current trends in online jobs.
Earlier, it was widely believed that online jobs are only for the techie guys. People thought that online jobs meant knowing how to create website, and uploading data, or at the most writing articles. However, in the last few years, the trend has completely changed.
Even if you are not so sound technically or have no technical background, you can learn new technology with ease. For example, there is widespread demand for programmers with knowledge of Dreamweaver, WordPress, Joomla, PHP, etc. Now, you can take up an online course to learn these, or you can also surf YouTube and search for the related topic. You will find tens of hundreds of videos that will teach you the course for free.
Until a few years back, sales page was all about writing. This has now given way to videos. As a result, there is a great demand for the jobs that need creating, editing videos.
If you have a flair for creative writing, then you can use your time to create contents for websites. Surf through JobLance and you will find that sites like Scriptlance, Odesk, Getafreelancer are regularly publishing jobs for content writers. There are several jobs that a content writer can do- Press releases, sales copy, simple article writing, business reports, etc.
Data Entry Jobs:
Many companies outsource their data entry work and are on the look out for people who can work with accuracy. This work is fairly simple and requires no technical or other knowledge. If you can read and write English, then you can take up data entry jobs.
As more and more videos are put up on the Internet, there is increasing demand for people to transcribe the videos in to text documents.
Keep Your Self Abreast with latest technology:
Just a decade ago, people relied on newspapers and recruitment agencies for job hunting. The scenario completely changed with the advent of Internet. With the increasing influence of the social media networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc, it has opened the floodgates of opportunities for job seekers.
JobLance serves as a platform for recruiters and job seekers. It funnels the jobs from various job sites and puts them together, so that the users can find the right job, without wasting much time.
You can also see that all the above mentioned categories of jobs are appearing in most of the jobsites.
Keep up with the new trends, and you will have your dream job in no time.
The JobLance Team
Online jobs are gaining enormous popularity, and there are certainly more than one reason for the same. The global meltdown, the job cuts and the pay cuts, the rising inflation, and the need to add some extra bucks to the wallet, and best of all, the convenience of working from home has made online jobs widely popular.
There are several sites offering a platform for job seekers and the owners, but JobLance is clearly emerging as a winner. Let us quickly see how and why JobLance is gaining popularity amongst several online job sites.
JobLance is the only job portal, that gives you the convenience of finding jobs from various sites such as Scriptlance, Freelancer.com (GetAFreelancer), GetACoder, oDesk, vWorker, PHP Classes, EUFreelance, and LinkedIn all at one place. So, when you are at JobLance, there will not be a single opportunity that you will miss out.
For the benefit of the users, the jobs are filtered in two categories, jobs by source, and even by categories. For example, if you are a software programmer with PHP skills, just click on your job category, and all the PHP jobs from various job sites will be displayed in a moment’s time. Alternatively, you can also check the jobs based on the sources.
Since all the jobs advertised in various websites are at one place, you will save valuable time that you would have otherwise wasted in surfing several sites.
And the best of all, you don’t have to pay a dime when you use the convenience of JobLance. The services are offered absolutely free.
But, this is not the only reason, why more and more people are using JobLance. It offers some of the exclusive services such as Job sharing, which helps the job seekers find a job that is best suitable to their talent.
JobLance doesn’t stop at just picking up the jobs from various sources. It goes a step ahead and gives important feedback to the job seekers by way of giving them valuable tips and trends, etc by providing high quality, valuable content on the subject.
So, if you are trying to look out for a particular job, say for example, it explains in detail through the blog, how exactly you improve your chance of finding the right online job for you.
Seeing the growing popularity of JobLance amongst jobseekers, webmasters have requested the developers of this website to directly allow them to post their jobs on this website, and very soon, this feature will be added, which will further help the job seekers.
Easy, friendly, and quality service is the motto of JobLance, and this is the sole reason, why it is emerging as the most popular job site amongst the job seekers all across the globe.
But like a true leader, JobLance is not going to stop just yet. It believes in continuous betterment of services and therefore, its efforts are centralized and channelized to provide its users with more and more services.
Great service is the only reason that is fast pushing JobLance to number one position amongst job seekers, and webmasters alike.
We know we still have a long way to go, but we recently analyzed and figured out that we have created good values on our services. JobLance.inFo now receives a good number of visits and pageviews everyday. Here is a screenshot that will depict the improvements since our start.
Its only a few months we have started, but the progress indicates that we got visitors attention and the service helping people around the world wide web. We are going to add new features which will definitely create more values and attentions.
Keep in touch with JobLance.inFo.
We recently included vWorker (previously known as RentACoder) jobs / project with our existing ones. There is no doubt that vWorker is another great source of freelance jobs online. You can now check all latest vWorker jobs & projects as soon they are posted in the main source.
Here is a few helpful links for this new job source:
http://joblance.info/vworker – vWorker / RentACoder jobs and projects
http://joblance.info/sourcerss/vworker – RSS Feed for vWorker jobs and projects
We are going to add some more job sources soon.
We recently developed a facebook application to show latest freelance jobs from Joblance.inFo inside Facebook. This helps facebook users check freelance online jobs without leaving facebook. We named this app as “JobsOnline – Latest Freelance Jobs“. Here is the URL of the application: http://apps.facebook.com/jobsonline/
JobsOnline lists latest 100 jobs and projects from JobLance.inFo. It shares the same database as JobLance.inFo – so there is no delay in deploying jobs to Facebook. The application is very simple and user friendly. You can filter the jobs by a source. Job sources are aligned in this order – GAF, oDesk, ScriptLance, GAC, EUFreelance, PHPClasses, LinkedIn.
A brief of the job information is shown with each post. There are other several options associated with each post to view (1) job details, (2) similar jobs, (3) jobs from the same source, (4) latest job feeds and there are some more links to get more information about the job.
We are working to bring online jobs to the job seekers in many ways. We will share more in the future.
This post is intended for people those who are thinking to start freelancing or their own business online. Internet is the biggest place to build a successful career if you can use it properly. New freelancers often face problems in their beginning – more than 70% of them can not continue after trying few months. This happens when someone can not start with good preparation and strategies. In this article, we tried to give some helpful tips from our freelancing experiences.
1. Decide your target market and learn cutting-edge technologies on that. For example – if you target to develop e-commerce applications, learn which e-commerce platforms/frameworks are being used most and why.
2. Practice the most popular platforms/frameworks and build plug-and-play modules for them.
3. Publish your demos to the web – may be write blogs regularly about those demos.
4. Create account in the best freelancing sites, check which type of projects are repeating most. Make a list for the most commons and prepare demos for them before you place your bid.
5. When you have a good number of demos, you can start bidding. Initially, put small amount in your bid. Send the buyer a private message with your demo link. Don’t forget to mention that this is just a demo – I can adjust it to fulfill your requirements.
6. While bidding – NEVER use preformatted message texts to freelance projects
7. Answer the projects description in detail – show demos in similar field NOT everything
8. You will get your first work very soon – take escrow before starting the work – then start concentrating on building a long term relationship with the clients by showing good performances.
9. Make sure you are clear enough with requirements and payment amount before you agree to do any project. This helps you avoid future complications regarding work volume.
10. Don’t ask for a payment release before finishing the project. Don’t be needy and weepy.
11. At the end of the project, suggest the client some good features that might be helpful for his website. May be you can give some already-developed code as bonus at this point. For example, a discussion board system with an e-commerce application project can be given to the client as a bonus code. Discussion board is an important addition to any website.
12. Be regular at your work so your clients know the time you are available to reach.
13. Always be communicative with your clients. Be social with them – say a hi, how are you, exchange greetings, etc. If a serious problem at your end might delay the delivery, let the client know that before. This can avoid a misunderstanding with the clients.
14. Consider that first projects often lead to longer relations. Buyers want to find reliable freelancers – not go through the hassle of learning a new freelancers techniques. Look after your clients and they will come back time and time again!
Hope this helps. We will share more in the future. Please leave your valuable comments.